SSRS 2012

Topics: Code 128, Code 39
Oct 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Are there plans to make a version for SSRS 2012 or some workaround to use this version? I've tried to use on a SSRS 2012 server, but not worked.

Thanks.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:50 AM

+1 for SSRS 2012. Tried re-compiling the SSRS.Design assembly under VS2012 using the SSRS 2012 references but could not get if to compile. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Is there any news on this?  My organization has people happily using BRF but we're getting ready to upgrade to SSRS 2012.  Can't seem to add BRF to the VS 2010 Toolbox for desgning reports.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
I was able to add it to the VS 2010 Toolbox by following these steps:
  1. From the source download, open the solution in VS 2010.
  2. Change the target framework for the following projects to use .NET Framework 4:
    • Core/Zen.Barcode.Core
    • SSRS/Zen.Barcode.SSRS
    • SSRS/Zen.Barcode.SSRS.Design
  3. In the Core/Zen.Barcode.SSRS project, remove the two Microsoft.ReportingServices references and add them again from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies folder.
  4. In the Core/Zen.Barcode.SSRS.Design project, remove the three Microsoft.ReportingServices references and add them again from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies folder.
  5. Recompile the three projects.
  6. Replace the Zen assemblies in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies with the new assemblies you just compiled.
  7. On your development box, make sure the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\RSReportDesigner.config file has the following text at the bottom inside the Extensions element (if you ran the setup, it will already be there):
    <ReportItems><ReportItem Name="Barcode" Type="Zen.Barcode.SSRS.BarcodeImageReportItem, Zen.Barcode.SSRS"/></ReportItems><ReportItemDesigner><ReportItem Name="Barcode" Type="Zen.Barcode.SSRS.Design.BarcodeImageDesigner, Zen.Barcode.SSRS.Design"/></ReportItemDesigner>
Jul 8, 2013 at 2:08 AM
+1 for SSRS 2012.

@darrellzook, I'm trying to follow your instructions but getting bogged down in prerequisites. Can you post the updated solution somewhere e.g. Skydrive?

Thanks
Mike
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM
i have try in VS2013 as your instruction, but failed.