Embed text in barcode image

Topics: Code 11, Code 128, Code 39, Code 93, Code EAN 13, Code EAN 8
Nov 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Hi,

I'm able to generate the barcode. But I have a requirement as per which I  need to embed the Barcode text below the barcode and in the middle of the barcode. Does the current version of BRF has that facility. If so how to do it.

Thanks and regards

Venkatesh. S

Coordinator
Nov 16, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Hi there,

No embedded text is not currently a BRF feature - it is on the list - but since I use BRF from SSRS it is easier (for me) to simply add a label in SSRS...

If there are enough interested parties then I will consider adding it...

Regards,

DD

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Hi,

I understand your point. But we are trying to propose this framework against many commercial framework owing to its excellent capabilities with SSRS. Just in case if you are going to wait till this features gains popularity then  I would at least request you to share your thoughts on the same. Now what I did is that I get the image from ImageBuilder.GetBarcodeImage. Then I use the Graphic object to load that bitmap image. In that I use draw epplise and draw string to write the text.

What I doubt is that, in this approach Is there a possibility that the scanner might not be able to read the barcode.

Using label over the image is not the solution. During the execution it is getting displaced below. Also it is not appearing properly in printed pages. Hence I had to take the above approach.

Thanks and regards

Venkatesh. S